Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Round Robin of Spring Gifting Anyone?

I have this idea that's been buzzing through my head for the past few weeks. A few friends of mine were part of a geeky gift exchange. I have been thinking that it would be wonderful to institute a sewers gift exchange. This winter has been so long, there has been so much snow, honestly I could use a pick me up, and I have a theory that I'm not alone.

I was thumbing through my stash of patterns and fabrics and it got me thinking. I have so much fabric, I know there are some pieces I'll never use, and there are some patterns that I love and would like to share with someone else. It would be a sort of spring gifting rather than spring cleaning. It would also be a way to get to know some other crafters out there in the world.



These are some of the items I received in a giveaway last year from Lucky Lucille. Think of it as inspiration for your gift pack. Doesn't have to be a ton of stuff, just something sweet.


Here's how it will work. Comment on this post and I will send you a questionnaire to fill out and match you up with a fellow sewer. You will also get the questionnaire of a fellow sewer so that you can make a gift pack for them. Here are some of the parameters:

1) This is open to anyone who is interested, but you must comment signed in so that I can email you or leave your email in your comment.

2) Ideally you will send either patterns you like or fabric you loved upon purchase but may never get around to using. You could also send notions of a little sewing tool that you love.

3) You may spend money on the items for your gift pack but I would like to cap any additional out of pocket expense at $20.

4) You must write a note to send along with your package.

5) All items should be posted by April 30th.

6) If you blog throw up a post when you receive your gifty. Let us know about it.

7) This is going to be open to international sewers and there will be a question on the survey about your willingness to ship internationally.

I'm happy to answer any questions. This is the first time we're doing it and if it goes well perhaps we'll do it again. It's so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment